Here's some simple ideas to amuse little minds!
Spooning Lentils (or any other non-perishable in your kitchen cupboard)
- Prepare a little table with a bowl, a saucepan, wooden spoon, scooper and half a cup of lentils. When the fun is over provide a dustpan and brush - half the fun is cleaning up!
- Just set up a dolls clothes line or make a child friendly height clothes line. Provide a basket of pegs, dolls clothes or old tea-towels, washers or blankets and you're set.
- With 3 or 4 different types of pasta and 3 or 4 cups, pasta can be sorted and for older kids, counted. It's also pretty cool when the pasta has been dyed some funky colours!
- Get a spray bottle and fill it with water and a few drops of essential oil (we like Lavender), some paper towel and a tea-towel and your little one can help with cleaning duties.
Paint the Fence
- An outside fence or wall, a paintbrush and a bucket of water is all you need to let little imaginations run wild. A whole lot of fun especially on a hot Summer's day!