Feel like a weekend getaway or a weekday escape? Let the kids marvel and explore the wonder of the Australian wildlife in a natural zoo setting.
Healesville Sanctuary has more than 200 species of wildlife in 31 hectares of bushland enclosures.
One of the outstanding exhibits has to be the World of the Platypus, where you walk into a darkened room and can get to see the cute marsupial enjoying its underwater environment.
Other Australian fauna include emus, goannas, snakes, wombats, echidnas, koalas, possums and magnificent birds of prey, which also feature in Meet the Keeper flight presentations.
You'll be on the edge of your seat from beginning to end as you watch the all new and thrilling Spirits of the Sky display, demonstrating the magnificent flight and hunting skills of several iconic Australian species, such as the Peregrine Falcon, Black Breasted Buzzard, Barking Owl, and of course, the breathtaking Wedge-tailed Eagle. Presentations are held daily at noon and 2.30pm and last approximately 20 minutes. (Just short enough to keep the little one's from wriggling!)
Wheelchairs and Strollers to Hire:
- Wheelchairs and strollers are also available for hire.
- Strollers: $35 hire with $20.00 refundable deposit.
- Wheelchairs: $22 hire, fully refundable deposit.
- Adults (16 years +) $31.60
- Children (4 - 15 years) $15.80 Mon-Fri outside holidays
- Children (4 - 15 years) FREE Saturday, Sunday and public/school holidays*
- Children under 3 are FREE