Lets Bake - Great Kids Cooking Recipes
These guys, in addition to the Edible Cup and Saucers are the most 'wow-factor' kids party food I've created.
They are both so quick and easy at the same time as being super effective...
- Fun sized Milky Ways
- A box of Tiny Teddy biscuits
- A box of Smarties, sorted into colour groups
- Small amount of chocolate to use as 'glue'
1. Melt a handful of milk chocolate buttons to use as glue. I like to do this in the microwave – on 50% strength for 15 seconds at a time, stirring between until melted. You could do it in a glass dish over a small amount of water in a saucepan over the stove.
2. Line up your fun-sized Milky Way bars on a bread board or bench – don't put them on your serving platter just yet or it will end up looking messy.
3. Make a small indent in the top of a Milky Way (near one end) and stick a Tiny Teddy (your racing car driver) gently in. Hold the sides of the Milky Way as you do this and the Milky Way won't break.
In the photos you will see we put the wheels on before the Teddies.. but we found that was too fiddly because the wheels sometimes got knocked off.
4. Use the back of a teaspoon to pick up a bit of melted chocolate and dab it on to one side of a Smartie (your wheel) then stick it on to the car. Do the same with another 3 Smarties.
You can see in the photos that we used multiple coloured Smarties on some of the racing cars to see what it would look like, but I think you'll agree, they look really effective when the 'wheels' are the same colour on each 'car'.
5. Repeat for all your Milky Ways and present them on a platter, lined up like they are at the starting line.
Recipe submitted by our reader Yvonne from FiveHive.com - a super website with a collection of useful fives for busy modern parents.