Parks & Playgrounds Kids Activities Melbourne
A unique adventure playspace has opened in Valley Reserve, Mount Waverley.
The playspace has rope climbing courses, a tree house and flying foxes. There is a mix of traditional play elements (swings, slides) and ropes, logs and other structures for balance, climbing and fitness.
It is Monash's first playspace of regional significance: developed after local families told us they would benefit from having a major playspace where families could spend several hours. The vision was to create a SPARC - a Socially Inclusive, Playful, Active, Relevant and Connected playspace.
The benefits include:
- Adventure play for all ages, including people with disabilities
- BBQ and picnic areas with shelter
- Revegetation including planting more trees
- Areas for outdoor classes such as bush education
- An accessible pathway from the car park to one of the play terraces.
Where: Valley Reserve, off Wills Avenue, Mount Waverley