Parks & Playgrounds Kids Activities Melbourne
Ooh wow-ee! Get set for some serious playtime as you'll be spending a lot more time than anticipated at this brand new shiney playground! This fab - 3 slide - water play - all-abilities playground was made possible through a funding partnership between the Victorian State Government, the Wallan & Kilmore Community Bank® Branches of Bendigo Bank and Mitchell Shire Council.
The amazing five story tower offers hidey-holes and different degrees of difficulty that suits all ages. You'll be rewarded with 3 different slides from a twisty slide, straight slide and tunnel slide. There's a good array of playground equipment including a flying fox.
Pack your swimmers, hat and sunscreen as the splash park is a neat addition and you'll want to get wet!
The main playground is free and open to the public all year. The splash park operates from 10am to 8pm between the months of December and March.
The state of the art splash park filtration system meets aquatics industry standards and monitored daily. Should there be any mechanical breakdowns, an alarm system automatically notifies Council so it can be attended to immediately.
The Playground features:
- An imposing treehouse tower with three slides accessed by varying levels of challenging climbing routes as well as numerous cubby spaces throughout and underneath.
- A 25 metre double flying fox with an inclusive seat
- A spinning carousel
- Interactive tractor play
- Multi directional nest swings
- Sand play with scoops and sensory activities
- Covered BBQ areas and accessible change room facilities
The Splash Park features:
- A water play area with a range of jets providing an exciting water play experience
- A splash play table featuring pumps, troughs and water channels
- A water three ring water tunnel with squirting water jets
- An aqua drop bucket
- A ‘creek’ bed seating area with water jets
- The playground has wheelchair accessible pathways throughout with direct access to all-abilities change rooms and parking facilities
- The water splash park includes accessible pumps, troughs and water jet platforms
- Sand play spaces including a raised sand play table with scoops and shade
- Wheelchair accessible interactive tractor play
- Various playground features include an inclusive seat on the flying fox, multi directional nest swing with impact absorbing surface for inclusive access
- toilets and accessible change room
- car parking available
- shade by the big gums and sheltered area
- bbq and seating
- wheelchair accessible pathways
- pack your swimmers for sand and water play
Cnr Northern Highway and Queen Street, Wallan, Victoria 3756